Modelling the North Staffordshire Railway
Wizard Models 51L manufactures a range of 4mm wagon and van models under the 51L name.
Wizard also acquired the Chowbent 4mm range of carriages. 51L includes some NSR wagons.
The 51L website lists a number of Historical Societies
which are likely to be of interest to modellers viewing our site, including some brief information about the North Staffordshire Railway.
The following 4mm scale NSR carriage kits are available from Bill Bedford's Mousa Models
- NSR Loop line 4-wheel Brake Third 28 day delivery
- NSR Loop line 4-wheel First 28 day delivery
- NSR Loop line 4-wheel Third 28 day delivery
- NSR Diagram 20 29ft 3in PLV 28 day delivery
- NSR 6-wheel Composite In preparation
- NSR Diagram 1 35ft 6in CL Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 11 6-wheel Third In preparation
- NSR Diagram 2 35ft 6in C Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 4 35ft 6in Third Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 5 35ft 6in BT Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 6 Luggage Composite Extended delivery
- NSR Director’s Saloon Extended delivery
- NSR 6-wheel Family Saloon Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 22 Bogie Brake Third Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 26 Bogie Third Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 30 Bogie Lavatory Third Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 31 Bogie Saloon Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 32 Bogie Saloon Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 36 Bogie Lavatory First Extended delivery
- NSR Diagram 36 Bogie Lavatory Comp Extended delivery
The kits include a turned end middle axle and a cunning working radial truck and
sprung axles incorporating a Cleminson type arrangement. They could build up at P4 or
EM without any difficulty. Axleboxes need to be found, from 51L for example, and some
The kits consist of etched underframe and body (sides and ends). The underframe is off the old
Milk Van kit and has had the truck sides added so at least you don't have to make too many
modifications. I've built three of the above now, they fit well, and the standard of etching is excellent.
The following 4mm scale NSR wagon resin kits are available.
- NSR Longbottom 3-plank wagon 28 day delivery
- NSR 10 Ton Brake Van In preparation
- NSR 3-Plank Dropside Wagon Extended delivery
- NSR Longbottom 2-plank wagon Extended delivery
- NSR Medium Cattle Wagon Extended delivery
The following 7mm scale NSR NPCS kits are available.
- NSR 6-wheel Milk Van deep louvres In preparation
- NSR 6-wheel Milk Van shallow louvres In preparation
The following 7mm scale NSR wagon resin kits are available.
- NSR 3-Plank Dropside Wagon In preparation
- NSR Longbottom 2-plank wagon In preparation
- NSR Longbottom 3-plank wagon In preparation
The address is:
745, High Road
Tel. 020 8133 7547
Earlier etchings in a range of scales from Mousa Models can be found
Markits also have NSR Adams/Field chimneys suitable for the Longbottom engines,
the K class and the M/H classes. They are turned brass and very nice. They also do injectors which are suitable for the NSR, as do Jackson - Evans.
London Road Models are currently
advertsing the forthcoming introduction of a range of NSR carriages in 4mm scale, to accompany their models of Classes B (2-4-0T and 2-4-2T variants) and D.
A 4mm scale kit of an NSR Cowan & Sheldon crane is available from D & S Models, 46 The Street, Wallington, Baldock, Hertfordshire tel: 01763 288353
The Worsley Works Group specialises in producing high quality
etched brass kits for model railways in the scales most others ignore. Currently they list over 500 3mm scale British standard
gauge kits and 200 narrow gauge kits in 3mm, 4mm, 5.5mm, 7mm, 15mm and 16mm scales. They have a growing range of kits in 2mm scale
and 'N' Gauge and are one of the few manufacturers to support British 1:87 scale with new kits.
For the North Stafford modeller Worsley Works currently offer, in 3mm Scale:
- 29ft 3in 6-wheeled Full Brake
- 49ft 2in Bogie Saloon
Last updated 31/10/15.